Monday, February 17, 2014

Re-Inspired!

I am obsessed. It’s all I think about outside of my nursing school studies. It’s nothing particularly new at all, but I just found out about the lives of some individuals who have done and are doing the things I exactly want to be doing with my life. It’s exactly what I want to be doing, and this desire is consuming me. Consuming me to the point it’s all I can think about. It’s a burning desire. Burning. I want it so bad. Yet I know it will take more work. But at least I hope, my life will be more balanced, and not just consumed with the things to do for nursing school, with no fun to escape my world of work. I have lately been feeling burned out, wondering if I went down a right road by pursuing to be a nurse, now three months away from graduation. But after reading about the stories of individuals who are doing exactly what I want to do and fit into my nursing road I am going down, I am suddenly inspired and more elated to have gone down this path. I want the freedom that I feel pretty much all jobs trap us in with the daily grind, but if these people can do it, then I will find the way!
“Peter has been guiding for International Mountain Guides for over a dozen years. Peter has climbed and guided extensively in Alaska, New Zealand, Central and South America, Africa, and Nepal. Peter resides in Missoula, Montana where he works as an Emergency Nurse. He is also the director of Sentinel Outdoor Institute, an educational company certifying students around the world in wilderness and emergency medicine, advanced life support, risk management and survival courses. Peter is a member of the Black Diamond Equipment Field Test team, is an RN, Wilderness EMT, Avalanche Level II, Leave No Trace trainer, and is a former member of the Denali Rescue Patrol Team.” 
http://www.mountainguides.com/guides.shtml
“Peter Anderson grew up in the mountains of Montana gaining a respect for the power and wonders of the outdoors.  From this upbringing, it is no surprise that Peter has pursued numerous careers focused on the outdoors.  From mountain guiding in North America, South America, Africa, and the Himalayas to hunting guiding in Africa, Peter has a deep respect for outdoor leaders and stewards.  Even as an emergency room nurse with a Baccalaureate of Science in nursing, Peter still felt the need to be in the field and became a flight nurse on an emergency helicopter.  Peter teaches everything from basic first aid and CPR to advanced life support courses.  He has been teaching and managing wilderness medicine training within the United States for over 12 years.  His passion for helping guides and enthusiasm for the outdoors is infectious.” 
http://sentineloutdoorinstitute.com/about-us/


I want to climb extensively and go to each and every one of those places listed. I want to be an ER nurse and a flight nurse! I want to be outdoors, go on adventures, and challenge myself! And looking from the short bio’s of all the other guides, they all live lives with experiences that I want to experience! Excuse my language, but Goddamn, that’s the type of life I need to live! (Exhale…) One step at a time I guess. There will be a day!   





No comments:

Post a Comment