Wednesday, December 4, 2013

Thoughts on "The Freedom of Travel vs. The Paralysis of Stuff"



While checking my email today, I saw an article from my email subscription to bootsnall.com that I had to read. It’s called “The Freedom of Travel vs. The Paralysis of Stuff”. It’s certainly not a new idea to me, as it’s one I fully embrace and plan for in the future. It’s just that all of these plans for the future are so out of wack for me right now because of nursing school. Anyways, after reading the article, like probably every reader, I am absolutely blown away at the lifestyle that these long-term travelers live! I want to do that! I’m not in nursing school to get tied down just to pay for a bunch of utilities and expenses! But the inevitable questions that arises when I read these minimalism and travel articles is, how do I begin? To which I don’t know yet, but have this to say and wrote down to remind myself after nursing school and get a job and can start saving crazy for my similar endeavors. 

when confused about life, get back in touch with your writing, express your thoughts, read and do research, write some more, and then talk/discuss with your friends”

It’s reminded me of a challenge I can do this winter break. And that is, how much money can I save from eating less? Track all the expenses you accumulate, this winter break, and see just how much you can save? It’s living a minimalist’s life to thereby maximize that which you truly do care about in your life: travel, freedom, experiences, memories, relationships, contribution, and personal growth.   




No comments:

Post a Comment