Sunday, April 21, 2013

Day 2 & Feed the Side You Want to Grow

"The reason why it feels really uncomfortable when you're making a big
change in your life is that there's two sides doing that tug of war in your mind.

On the one hand, you've got your tried and true (at least that's what you think)
beliefs of the past and on the other, new behavior that doesn't mesh with
your "tried and true beliefs".

Which side is going to win?

Well, it's the one you feed consistently.

If you let that uncomfortable feeling stop you from taking the actions
of the new behavior, it's an easy victory for your current tried and true beliefs.

It's a good "feed" that just adds to its already strong strength.

But if you feed the new behavior, that side will win the tug of war and now
you've got a brand new set of "tried and true" beliefs.

And going back to your old "tried and true" beliefs will seem impossible. You
can't imagine doing it and you have a hard time believing you actually
believed and lived by those things.

Feed the side you want to grow. "

- Brian Kim's MIT of the day for Friday; April 19th, 2013


When we are kids, are beliefs and values are molded by our environment and those around us. But when we choose to become completely responsible adults, we are responsible for learning and changing, and with this realization, it is essentially our choice. It is our choice, which belief(s) we choose to reinforce. Today is Day 2 of my 30 day marathon of becoming a habitual early riser.


Writing Out the Goals:

To become a great nurse who heals and saves lives in medically emergent and non-emergent situations. To be a nurse who knows what he is doing , and makes a difference in times of need.
To become a great nurse who heals and saves lvies in medically emergent and non-emergent siuatons. To be a nurse who knows what he is doing, and makes a difference in times ofneed
To become a great nurse who heals and saves lives in medically emergent and non-emergent situation. To be a nuse who knows what he is doing, and makes a difference in times of need.
To become a habitual early riser and be productive with my time.
TO become a habitual early riser and be productive with my time.
To become a habitual early riser and be productive with my time.
To have a body as defined as brad pitt in the movie troy
To have a body as defined as brad pitt in the movie troy
To have a body as defined as brad pitt in the movie troy
To write and contemplate about life’s wisdom
To write and contemplate about life’s wisdom
To write and contemplate about life’s wisdom
To build upon my vocabulary to improve my abiluity to articulate exactly what I am thinking
To build upon my vocanbluary to improve my ability to articulate exactly what I am thinking
To build upon my vocabulary to improve my ability to articulate exactly what I am thinking.
To become an active DC QHHT practioner AND write about the sciences that are merging science with spirituatliy
To become an active DC QHHT practioner AND  write about the sciences that are merging science with siriltuatly
To becme an active DC QHHT practitioner AND write about the sciences that are merging with spirituality.



What am I grateful for today?
I am grateful for feeling like I have a whole chunk of new time on my hands. It's nice to be able to work in the early morning hours and gets lots done.

Feedback:
Done with early morning routine at 5:38 AM. I feel like writing out each goal three times is repetitive and not entirely helping me visualize it. But perhaps the purpose of it is to get in down into my subconscious. I'll see.


No comments:

Post a Comment