Wednesday, April 17, 2013

My Many Goals: Now and in the Near Future

1. To be the nurse who makes the difference in a crisis.  

To be the leader, a life-saver, and the difference maker in a crisis.

Motivation for this goal: I want to be the hero; to save lives; to act in an emergency when others can only watch, wishing they knew what to do; to make a positive and inspiring difference in the lives of others.

For clinical: to conduct thorough assessments, practice hands-on, to ask for what I need, to understand what interventions should be done based off priority, to understand why I am giving each medication, and to take my time to get it right.


2. To become a habitual Early riser and be productive with my time. To minimize the amount of time I NEED to sleep to have more time during the day.

Distractions to be Expelled From My Life: the television <-- the most prominent distraction in my life  
Motivation for doing this: I want to be seen as someone who has discipline, determination, ambition, desire and this makes an obvious first hand statement with just the eyes when someone sees you up that early at such a young age when it’s just not the norm, and of course, this helps me be more productive and disciplined in my mentality towards other goals.

"If you will do what most people are not willing to do for the next few years, then
you'll be able to do what most people won't be able to do for the rest of their lives.

Extremely concentrated effort in a short period of time builds enough rocket fuel to
help you escape the gravity of mediocrity that entraps everybody else."


3. To write and contemplate about life’s wisdom. (Brian Kim’s MIT’s of the Day, articles, Books; Steve Pavlina; Anthony “Tony” Robbins; Personal Excellence Blog (Ex: article on overcoming shyness article mentality change); Self-Improvement Individuals)

Motivation for doing this: B/C the more you can learn from the wisdom and life lessons of others, the more you will amplify your potential for the attainment of your own goals.


4. To become an active DC QHHT practitioner AND write about the sciences that are merging with what DC’s work has found as well as other sources regarding Spirituality.

I also want to write about how these modern chronic diseases that Western medicine has no cure for is being covered up for profit by powerful pharmaceutical companies as well as how it's related to our modern day lifestyles. <-- How we are making ourselves sick and why medicine is not the answer to these chronic illnesses. (Relates to DC and spirituality b/c it's talked about how we shouldn't be sick, and how we do it to ourselves; how people have been healed by DC's work, thus understanding that medicines and chemotherapy of Western medicine is not the answer; and worst of all, the travesty that is going on by drug companies for money)  Write about BL's work, DC, Tom Campbell, and the likes who are proving how science is moving us into an age to spiritual enlightenment, growth, and health.

Motivation for doing this: to change lives, heal people in ways that medicine hasn’t been able to, and to grow even more spiritually.

-          To write about the story of my dog and the legacy to leave. 

Motivation for doing this: B/C I want her story told, b/c her life and how it has and will impact me positively deserves to be known


5. To cut down on body weight and develop a strong body weight to strength ratio. To train my body towards a mountain climber's level of fitness.



Goals to Pursue Later in Life:

6. To live a life of excitement by pursing Adventure-related activities, hobbies, and travel. (From Lion King Days)

“People say that what we’re all seeking is a meaning for life. I don’t think that’s what we’re really seeking. I think that what we’re seeking is an experience of being alive, so that our life experiences on the purely physical plane will have resonances without own innermost being and reality, so that we actually feel the rapture of being alive.” - Joseph Campbell



7. To develop strong, deep, emotional connection with others based off honesty and the sharing of intimate thoughts, feelings, experiences (life and everyday exp.), beliefs, and values. (From Lion King Days)


8. To develop my personality in ways that benefit me, ways that I desire, and in ways that has a positive impact on those I come in contact with. To challenge my negative beliefs and to therefore change my attitude, thoughts, feelings, mindset, and actions for the better. (Inspired by the Domestic Disturbance Incident)

            One Area I Want to Change: To be able to confidently and intellectually articulate about topics of importance to me in front of a large group and audience. To deliver speeches (public speaking) with resonance, cogency, satisfactory economy of language, and be able to express myself in the moment, off the cuff, with the right words that come to mind and do justice to how I feel about what I am thinking about.  


9. To learn about the difficulties others are experiencing in their lives AND to step outside my own needs for the needs of others by portioning, saving up, and donating part of my salary to animal and human needs organizations monthly.

(Make sure the organizations actually make a difference vs. organizations where most of the donations go into the pockets and salaries of those not in need! i.e. Susan G. Komen Foundation)

Motivation for doing this: B/C animals and humans out there are suffering. To learn to be grateful for what I have and at the same time, taking advantage of the opportunities I have in this life to maximize my potential. 




Now that I have written out in clarity and specificity what it is I want to achieve in my life, what do I need to do everyday to take me one step closer? Also, continue to experiment with morning routine.


No comments:

Post a Comment