Saturday, July 13, 2013

Adults Need to Have Fun Too


What are the activities most important to me that reinvigorate me?

1.       walking, relaxing, thinking in quiet neighborhoods with nature-reminding environments
2.       having deep discussions and fun times with friends; spending time with family
3.       Looking at pictures and watching videos of beautiful natural scenery that I would love to travel to     
4.       listening to beautiful, peaceful music and motivational music
5.       sf  
6.       learning about Brian Kim’s knowledge on self-improvement
7.       eating
8.       adventure hobbies, other hobbies & interests (PLAY TIME!)

Even as adults we need to play and have fun. The things above except for number five, are not play time! It’s ridiculous to think that sometimes, when we are feeling so overwhelmed by life to the point where we know something is wrong but for some odd reason, just can’t pinpoint it. But after much contemplation, you get an epiphany in realizing what was wrong, only to realize how simple your epiphany was. For me, I’m not having any fun! The stuff I do and want to work on challenge me, will improve me, and will one day to give me a lot of satisfaction, but they are not the same as having play time and having fun. I once read in The Four Hour Workweek by Timothy Ferriss, that the opposite of boredom is not happiness, but excitement, or that excitement is the closest synonym to happiness. I've been thinking and dreaming of living a life of far more excitement and adventure and my inability to pursue adventure is killing me inside. My soul is screaming out for something more than this mundane existence. Prolonged boredom is serious. I was quite depressed for much of the day before my epiphany, which has somewhat raised my level of energy.

The inevitable question that comes to me now is, how do adults have fun? Kids don’t seem to have trouble having fun. I guess a lot of young adults think of parties, but I don’t drink. How can I have fun?    



No comments:

Post a Comment