Sunday, May 26, 2013

A Reminder to Myself of What This Blog is About

I constantly oscillate between the desire of having the public read and relate to my posts here with that of having privacy of what I put online.

                                               Misdemeanors Don't Go Away, from Judge Judy


"People should know, and should tell their children that stupid things that they do, like posting some of the most intimate details of their young lives on the Internet is the most ridiculous thing you could do. Companies, schools, graduate schools, bar associations can open up your Facebook page look at your Facebook page and see you at some drunk party...you really have to impress upon children that what they do when they are [growing up] can have an impact on their whole lives."

I need to remember the reasons I started this blog. It certainly was not a ploy to become famous! It's a form of self-expression. Sometimes we all have thoughts that we just want to jot down, and some of these thoughts may be ones that we want to keep in the long run to analyze and understand our unique human experiences, growths, and journeys. This is the reason for this blog. To document my growth as an individual for however long I have on this planet. Perhaps I just care more about understanding myself and immersing myself in the feeling of nostalgia from time to time. I do hope that the character I demonstrate of myself on this blog is one of admiration, respect, and inspiration, and not a method that my future employers will use to spy surreptitiously. Perhaps to play it safe, while still allowing my thoughts to be expressed to anyone who may relate to what I post, I will temporarily turn it private when I feel the circumstances are appropriate. I'm glad for that option.


To Myself, If and When I Choose to Keep this Blog Private:

Remember that we all enjoy recognition for our hard work and endeavors, but find a safer outlet to express and demonstrate the diligence you have put in. When you desire something, and the expression of that becomes restricted, your desire will grow and burn, and now when properly channeled, will transmute into something great that the general public can benefit from, while having the privacy of your most inner thoughts that you need.



No comments:

Post a Comment