Thursday, May 30, 2013

How Personal Should a Personal Blog Be?

http://bestbloggingtipsonline.com/personal-blog-worries/

An answer to a question of mine:

"As someone who writes a VERY personal blog, I would advise her to be herself, but to be mindful to balance her posts. Recovery is not all about doom and gloom. There must be some light posts in with those heavy ones.

I am in recovery, but I do not endorse anything - that is another fine line. If you are versed in the Traditions of ALL 12*Step fellowships, revealing your identity as a member via "press, radio and films" is strictly verboten. This is because in the early 90s when every celeb went through The Betty Ford Center (or so it seemed) the general public got the idea that the 12-Step fellowships do not work.

No one should ever endorse a 12 Step fellowship in their blog. I would advise her to tread very lightly on that topic.

I have blogged about it for myself, and related it only to me, and endorse NOTHING!

That all being said, I keep my blog about 'life and the pursuit of happiness" because it is a broader topic that I can pull nearly anything from. If someone asks, I can always tell them that painful experiences are part of life and that sometimes my blog is very heavy. Other times, it is light.

Balance is crucial, and that is my suggestion for whatever it is worth."

- NancyD68


No comments:

Post a Comment