Friday, May 10, 2013

Not Day 18 & Do It Right Or Do It Again

Upon contemplation of studying on the last real day before HESI, I remind myself, that I got time, don’t rush over notes like I did for last test, and to have quality over quantity. You want to know what’s going to make a chasm of difference from your classmates and all other nursing student’s out there? By spending time to go over the important details that you miss out on from not reading the book, the important understanding portion, whereas looking at the notes is purely just that. Looking at the notes and remembering “oh, yea, that was on the slide”, but not REALLY UNDERSTANDING why which will contribute to your development in the long run. So ask yourself again Michael, do you want to rush, have a quality of moderate at best or a true foundation of UNDERSTANDING? As in the military special forces, do it RIGHT, or do it AGAIN. Plus this is something that other people, who are not willing to spend as much time like you are, will lag behind. Remember your own signature that is sent in every google email you send to OTHERS.

“If you will do what most people are not willing to do for the next few years, then
you'll be able to do what most people won't be able to do for the rest of their lives.

Extremely concentrated effort in a short period of time builds enough rocket fuel to
help you escape the gravity of mediocrity that entraps everybody else."  


Remember when studying and reviewing, understanding pathophysiology can be very helpful to understanding to the S & Sx, but understanding the interventions (the application aspect on the job) is IMPERATIVE.   



Today was supposed to be Day 18. But it's not. It's okay, no rush to achieve this goal but that doesn't mean you become lackadaisical either. I was not incredibly tired when I got up, but a tad more tired than usual because my brother was watching the lego version of LOTR which distracted me from falling asleep. In future situations like this, have him use earbuds. But this morning, got up to turn off my alarm which was set at 4:22 AM, figured in my own mind that I have spent a lot of time going over professor's notes, my own notes, the RN Silvestri prep book, so I talked myself out of using that time and headed back to bed. I wonder if I would have had that same mentality had I sat down to void and just washed my face. Might not be writing about this now had I. Regardless, I did. Woke up at 8:45. I'm doing well in my progression towards this goal but to get to the next level, I've got to sustain myself with this for multiple days consecutively. That's the next level.

Note for myself: Spent pretty much all day yesterday and the night before yesterday doing research and writing what is a 14 page essay- so far, not done yet- on being Anti-Marriage. I'm proud of it to say the least.

Also, for future occurrences, I learned yesterday that multiple tabs opened in my Opera browser made it incredibly slow. These tabs were tabs that I needed for this essay above, and another one, so I did not close them for hours, all the time wondering and complaining in my head why my Opera browser was as slow as a snail. Once I closed all the tabs, the speed was back. Apparently though, Opera seems to be suffering or recuperating still as if I open up half the amount of tabs that I previously would constantly have opened and work normally, it would start getting bogged down again. Oh well, hopefully it gets better as time goes by.


Back to studying.



No comments:

Post a Comment